Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Washington DC

I have always loved my visits over the years to my favorite Aunt Carolyn's home. I had a chance to visit last month and spend a week or so with my cousin Robin Gena, as we call her. Her name is really Linda Robin, but with my sister Robin, and Carolyn's Robin, somehow she got the name Robin Gena. I got to spend time with her awesome teenage son's, Niko and Michael, and was honored to do photoshoots of them, coming soon! Her husband Perry, who is Greek, and grew up in Egypt, was also delightful to get to know. I look forward to spending more time with family, and sightseeing in our beautiful capital city. I found out that you have to have a permit to use a tripod on the Capitol grounds, and you are limited to certain 'press' areas. I guess our congressmen need their privacy in walking back and forth through the area. The Library of Congress was absolutely magnificent, and more pictures coming soon of that building!

I have been experimenting with HDR (High Dynamic Range) photography, where you take over and under exposed and combine them, thus getting the details that are washed out in the highlights, and revealing details you don't usually see in the shadows.

Below is the inside of the Washington National Cathedral, the Capital Building, the Thomas Jefferson Memorial and a timed exposure of the Washington Monument. When I first looked at this one, it looked like lights shinning down from heaven onto Washington. The red lights at the top of the monument give it that other worldly look, as they move around and the reflected light of the monument shows up.

HDR 8859-8-7-tonemappedHDR 8844-5-3HDR 8936HDR 92409305

No comments:

Post a Comment